Investors Title Company is currently looking to fill a full-time title examiner position.
The Title Examiner is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions, and provide title opinions based on the facts and documentation.
- Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record.
- Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of title
- Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative requirements
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Perform other duties assigned by manager
- Seasonal overtime will be required
- Analytical and detail-oriented thinker
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft word and computer skills with the ability to type at least 50 wpm
Experience is preferred but we will train the right person.
Working at ITC
Investors Title Company offers generous benefits that include paid time off, health insurance with optional life, dental, vision and disability insurance as well as a 401K Plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Office hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About Investors Title
The company has served the greater St. Louis Real Estate Community for over 40 years. We provide professional title insurance and closing services to real estate agents, builders, developers, commercial property investors and financial lending institutions. Investors Title Company has grown to a position of leadership and prominence in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area and currently has over 25 locations in St. Louis, St. Charles, and Jefferson counties.