Investors Title Company is currently looking to fill a full time Escrow Closing position.
The Escrow Closer is responsible for completing real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements from ALTA Title commitment, clearing the title, assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents, and disbursing funds.
- Prepares Closing Disclosure & HUD 1 settlement statements with all accurate prorations/adjustments including but not limited to real estate taxes, sewer, water, trash, subdivision or HOA fees, payoff of any liens as evidenced by title search.
- Must comply with all terms of the real estate contract and/or amendments.
- Determines escrow requirements by reviewing and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions. Obtains clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Completes the closing transaction documents by assembling documents, reviewing papers with parties, explaining provision and procedures, checking documents for completeness & accuracy.
- Responsible for satisfying all funding requirements prior to depositing and disbursing the funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering and enforcing requirements.
License of Certification
Missouri Department of Insurance licensing or ability to meet the requirements for Missouri Department of Insurance licensing is required. Subject to statutory continuing education requirements. Notary Public is required.
- Closer must have excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Requires ability to work independently and or within a team structure.
- Must have the ability to recognize the need to escalate matters when necessary.
- Positive, clear communication skills and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred. Prior knowledge of Resware Software, a plus.
Prior knowledge of real estate transaction closings and work experience as a high-level strong title industry closer is required. (6 months to 1-year preferred experience )
Working at ITC
Investors Title Company offers generous benefits that include paid time off, health insurance with optional life, dental, vision and disability insurance as well as a 401K Plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Office hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About Investors Title
The company has served the greater St. Louis Real Estate Community for over 40 years. We provide professional title insurance and closing services to real estate agents, builders, developers, commercial property investors and financial lending institutions. Investors Title Company has grown to a position of leadership and prominence in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area and currently has over 25 locations in St. Louis, St. Charles, and Jefferson counties.